Of course it’s all luck ???????
1.“If I have any ‘message’ worth giving to a beginner it is that there are no short cuts in photography.” – Edward Weston
2. “There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept.” -Ansel Adams
3. “I have to be as much diplomat as a photographer.” – Alfred Eisenstaedt
4. “If you see something that moves you, and then snap it, you keep a moment.” – Linda McCartney
5. “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
6. Of course it’s all luck. – Henri Cartier-Bresson
7. “A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen
8. “Notebook. No photographer should be without one!” -Ansel Adams
9. “It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are.” – Paul Caponigro
10. “I shutter to think how many people are underexposed and lacking depth in this field.” – Rick Steves,
11. “Anything more than 500 yards from the car just isn’t photogenic.” -Edward Weston
12. “Sometimes I do get to places just when God’s ready to have somebody click the shutter.” – Ansel Adams
13. “If your pictures aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” -Robert Capa
Critiques | Translate
ayferaldanmaz (1085) 2012-10-06 6:06
this wonderful capture shows that it's not only luck at all :) this is a photographer's eye!
congrats to spot the uniqueness of this scene. great pov, my compliments!
also thanks for sharing the wonderful quotes..
have a lovely weekend,
lousat (74107) 2012-10-06 8:32
Hi Geo,very original idea this door open on the sunset,an excellent exposure and a particular work in PP to have a beautiful effect whit the sun in the middle,have a nice evening and thanks,Luciano
fabbs99 (16147) 2012-10-06 8:44
The sunset looks awesome from behind the gate.The light management and shadows are awesome. A quality image and stunning presentation.Fine natural colors and good composition.TFS.
cornejo (29487) 2012-10-06 9:34
Hello Georgios, nice picture of this interesting composition in the sunset. Interesting sharp image with depth, lovely light and beautiful color. Very nice and lovely work, well done, congratulations my friend. Tfs.
Good afternoon and happy Sunday.
Best regards and best wishes.
papagolf21 (84146) 2012-10-07 0:37
Bonjour, cher Georgios,
Que dire devant cette image, sinon admirer l'oeil du photographe.
La composition est très réussie.
La chance peut aider, mais elle ne fait pas tout !
saxo042 (37066) 2012-10-07 6:41
A lot of good advice in your note here! Also a very nice natural frame to your sunset view, a very pleasant improvement!
danos (84497) 2012-10-07 7:13
και ποιός δεν θα ήθελε ανοίγοντας το παράθυρό του να δει αυτή την πολύ όμορφη και ρομαντική σκηνή.Πράγματι όλα είναι τύχη όπως λέει και ο τίτλος της φωτογραφίας σου ιδικά σε μερικές σκηνές σαν αυτήν εδώ.
Το απάνθισμα από τους δέκα τρείς παγκοσμίου εμβέλειας φωτογράφους είναι μοναδικό.
mesutilgim (81578) 2012-10-07 9:26
Hello dear Georgios,
The capture itself is topclass, but the notes are just like a scientific paper !
Wonderfull notes, each of them like a photographers prayer !
TFS and best regards
Silvio1953 (118527) 2012-10-08 0:44
Ciao Georgios, lovely composition with original frame, fascinating sunset, splendid light and wonderful warm colors, very well done, my friend, ciao Silvio
- Copyright: Georgios Topas (TopGeo) (38196)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-09-10
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature, Transportation, Architecture, Decisive Moment
- Camera: Canon EOS450D, Canon 18-55 mm EF-S
- Exposure: f/6.3
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Thoughts about potography [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2012-10-06 5:39