The Venizelso square in modern Korinthos with the view of Akrokorinthos in the distance.
The steep rock of the Acrocorinth rises to the south-west of ancient Corinth, surmounted by the fortress, also called the Acrocorinth, which was the fortified citadel of ancient and medieval Corinth and the most important fortification work in the area from antiquity until the Greek War of Independence in 1821. It is 575 m high and its walls are a total of almost 2,000 m in length.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Marton Ocskay (ocskaymarci) (2812)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-08-05
- Categories: Castles, Daily Life, Architecture, Ruins
- Camera: Pentax K200D, Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL II, Sigma WIDE C-PL 52mm DG
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Athens by bike 2013
- Date Submitted: 2013-09-20 2:25