Over the beach of Gomati, there is the area with the renowned Thick Sandy Beaches(Sandy Dunes). Locals support that it is the only one desert of Europe.
There, you may meet remains of a medieval castle and the Byzantine castle of Megisti Lavra. A picturesque creek and the beach of Papias lie faraway.
As you walk through sandhills and going up to Pachies Ammoudies, a difficult, but amazing route will take you to the middle of an unexpected desert – something that betrays the presence of sea at the area, during Paleolithic era.
- Copyright: Vasilis Protopapas (vasilpro) (40701)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-08-16
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon AF-S VR 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6G ED, HOYA 67mm HD Circular Polarize
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-11-06 12:16