We are on one of the peaks of mount Voras, also known as Kaimakcalan, in Northern Greece, at an altitude of 2,524 m.
In the foreground you can see an abandoned Serbian barrack, aged of the time of the First World War (1916). Mount Voras was a major battleground, mostly among the united Serbian and French forces against German and Bulgarian troops. The Serbians lost about 5.000 men in the battles on the mountain.
After the war, in 1920, the Greek and the Yugoslav states set up a memorial to the victims of the war. It's the church that can be seen in the background of the picture, dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul, though most people call it "Prophet Elias". For the construction there were also used materials and debris from the battles: there are shells placed on the floor of the church, while the fence of the church has for stakes shape shells which are joined together by wire.
The closest village is Paleos Agios Panteleimonas, at about 20 Kms