This Skete comes into history with St. Iakovos, the new Martyr, who lived there between 1499 and 1518. (He was hunged in Adrianoupolis -Edirne- before the Sultan, together with two of his disciples.) Its "kyriakon" was built in 1779 and decorated ten years later. The skete flourished from that time to the middle of 20th century with about 35 monastic houses inhabited. Only two of them are inhabited nowdays.
Photo processed in Photoshop.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Theologos Tats (thiv56) (1590)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-03-21
- Categories: Nature, Architecture, Ruins
- Camera: Nikon D 80, Nikkor AF-S 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5G ED
- Exposure: f/9.0, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-03-24 5:02