Delphi used to be a crowded place in the ancient times. Originally known for the divining activities, later the sanctuary and its area became a cultural centre, that is proved by this theatre too. It was originally built in the 4th century BC but was remodeled on several occasions since. Its 35 rows can seat 5,000 spectators.
Nowdays there's a different kind of crowd in Delphi...
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Marton Ocskay (ocskaymarci) (2742)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2013-07-31
- Categories: Architecture, Ruins
- Camera: Pentax K200D, Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL II, Sigma WIDE C-PL 52mm DG
- Exposure: f/8, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Athens by bike 2013
- Date Submitted: 2013-09-14 2:00