...at Monastiraki square.
Monastiraki (Greek: Μοναστηράκι, pronounced [monastiˈraci], literally little monastery) is a flea market neighborhood in the old town of Athens, Greece, and is one of the principal shopping districts in Athens. The area is home to clothing boutiques, souvenir shops, and specialty stores, and is a major tourist attraction in Athens and Attica for bargain shopping. The area is named after Monastiraki Square, which in turn is named for the Pantanassa church monastery that is located within the square. The main streets of this area are Pandrossou Street and Adrianou Street.
- Copyright: Vasilis Protopapas (vasilpro) (41317)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-01-26
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon 10-24mm AF-S Nikkor f/3.5-4.5G DX
- Exposure: f/11, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Athens [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2014-02-02 12:53