They are GREEN ( I have no clue why these cars are blue, maybe because this is Frankfurt which is full of different people from different countries who may not recognize the green color as a police car, whatever...)
They are a lot...
They are everywhere...
They spoil every single party in the country...
They are driving expensive diesel cars...
They have funny uniforms...
They are the German Police...
Critiques | Translate
BigBen212 (97) 2006-06-07 2:30
Alright, probably I can help out with the explanation a little here.
- The cars are blue and silver as opposed to green/white because the color scheme of the german police changes slowly but surely, that was started a few years ago, but will take time because they dont want to repaint everything and buy new uniforms for everybody because it just costs too much, so instead they just buy the new things in the new color scheme, but leave the old things in place. The cars are silver and have stickers on them to make them police cars so it is easier after a few years to sell them because (in Germany) white cars are not as easy to sell as silver cars, and the stickers are just pulled off before selling it instead of having spraypaint.
- Diesel fuel is cheaper in Germany than gas. Might be different than some other places. Last I heard (I live in the USA now), it's a difference between a little over one Euro for a liter of diesel as opposed to at least 1,20 to 1,40 for gas (depending on the grade). A liter of diesel also gets a car farther than a liter of gas does.
- They are probably very present in Germany and especially in the cities that host the FIFA World Cup because, well, because of the FIFA World Cup to serve and protect and make sure that partying doesn't go overboard and people don't get hurt.
Very nice photo, by the way, hope you don't mind my lengthy comment, but I wanted to make sure that Germany doesn't look like a police state or something now :). Frankfurt is one of the host cities for the World Cup, I bet it looks just like that in the other host cities right now. Thanks for sharing.
kumbarov (210) 2006-06-11 8:57
BLUE Police cars in Germany? That's amazing!
But the officers are still in green(forest-guard like) uniforms.
This is a great shot! Something like to catch an elephant in Alaska.
- Copyright: Svetoslav Petrov (svetoslav) (318)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-04-17
- Categories: Daily Life
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Police cars [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-06-07 1:55