A beautiful passageway in Dresden. The words "Providentiae Memor" mean to keep Providence in Mind and is the national slogan of Saxony (Sachsen). This is one of the few architectural gems that survived the firebombing of Dresden in 1945.
Critiques | Translate
rlrad (1845) 2010-01-27 8:16
Man, look at those gargoyles... Those things are intense! Did you get any shots of those guys close up?
This is one that might have benefited from leaving out the tourist cart, though, even if that part adds balance to the composition. Great clarity, color and dof in this shot, Dave, just needs a little more detail.
Thanks for sharing!
- Copyright: Dave Fisher (dabeed) (568)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-10-04
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon Nikkor AF-S 18-70mm f3.5-4.5G ED-I, Tiffen 67mm Haze-1
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-01-26 3:56