The cathedral of Mainz counts among the three imperial cathedrals, number three after Speyer and Worms cathedrals as Rhine river flows. Inauguration was as early as in 1009. A romanesque basilica with annexes in romanesque, gothic and baroque style, here seen from the steps of Mainz theatre.
In contradiction to the reddish and warm-looking outside appearance, the interior looks dark and grim to my eyes, and although I lived and studied for five years in that town, I could never get accustomed to it.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Sven Erich Czernik (Energysavingelk) (961)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-05-14
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon 5 D Mark II, 24-105mm F/4L IS USM
- Exposure: f/11, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-05-29 10:25