Hommage to the city of Andernach on the occasion of my 60th birthday.
From right to left:
Alter Krahnen (the Old Crane), once the biggest riverside crane in Germany and fully operational from 1561 until 1911 for loading wine barrels and millstones into ships.
Parish church Mariae Himmelfahrt (Assumption), finished in 1250 and Runder Turm (Round Tower), part of the old fortifications from 1453, which in 1689 resisted a french attempt to blow it up.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Sven Erich Czernik (Energysavingelk) (743)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-09-22
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon 5 D Mark II, Canon EF 70-200 mm f/2.8L II USM
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-09-22 10:37