Photos

Photographer's Note

Schloss Hohenschwangau (lit: Castillo del Gran Condado del Cisne) fue la residencia de infancia del Rey Luis II de Baviera y fue construido por su padre, el Rey Maximiliano II de Baviera. Se encuentra en el pueblo de Schwangau cerca de la ciudad de Füssen, perteneciente al Condado de Ostallgäu en el sudoeste de Baviera, muy cerca de la frontera con Austria.

El Castillo de Hohenschwangau fue construido donde se situaba la antigua fortaleza de Schwanstein, que databa del siglo XII. Una familia de caballeros se hizo cargo de la construcción de la fortaleza medieval. Tras abdicar los caballeros en el siglo XVI, la fortaleza cambió de manos en diversas ocasiones. El deterioro de la fortaleza continuó hasta que finalmente quedó en ruinas a inicios del siglo XIX.

En 1829 el Príncipe Maximiliano (futuro Rey Maximiliano II de Baviera) descubrió el histórico lugar y reaccionó con entusiasmo por la belleza del entorno. Adquirió la propiedad en 1832. Un año después empezó la reconstrucción del castillo, de manera ininterrumpida hasta 1837. El arquitecto a cargo, Domenico Quaglio, fue el responsable del estilo neogótico del diseño exterior.

Hohenschwangau fue el lugar oficial de veraneo y de práctica de caza de Maximiliano, su esposa María de Prusia y sus dos hijos Luis (futuro Rey Luis II de Baviera) y Otto (Rey Otto I de Baviera). El joven príncipe pasó aquí sus años de adolescente. El Rey y la Reina vivían en el edificio principal, sus hijos en el adyacente.

El Rey Maximiliano murió en 1864 y su hijo Luis le sucedió en el trono, trasladándose a la estancia que su padre tenía en el castillo. Como Luis nunca se casó, su madre continuó viviendo en la misma planta. El Rey Luis disfrutó viviendo en Hohenschwangau, especialmente después de 1869 cuando se inició la construcción de su propio castillo, Neuschwanstein, a partir de una piedra que provenía del castillo de la familia.
Dos WS
------------------------------------
Hohenschwangau Castle (lit: Castle of the High Swan County) is a 19th century castle in southern Germany. It was the childhood residence of King Ludwig II of Bavaria and was built by his father, King Maximilian II of Bavaria. It is located in the German village of Schwangau near the town of Füssen, part of the county of Ostallgäu in southwestern Bavaria, Germany, very close to the border with Austria.

Hohenschwangau Castle was built on the remains of the fortress Schwanstein, which was first mentioned in historical records dating from the 12th century. A family of knights was responsible for the construction of the medieval fortress. After the demise of the knights in the 16th century the fortress changed hands several times. The decay of the fortress continued until it finally fell into ruins at the beginning of the 19th century.

In 1829 Crown Prince Maximilian (the later King Maximilian II of Bavaria) discovered the historic site and reacted enthusiastically to the beauty of the surrounding area. He acquired the property in 1832. One year later the reconstruction of the Castle began, continuing until 1837. The architect in charge, Domenico Quaglio, was responsible for the neogothic style of the exterior design.

Hohenschwangau was the official summer and hunting residence of Maximilian, his wife Marie of Prussia and their two sons Ludwig (the later King Ludwig II of Bavaria) and Otto (the later King Otto I of Bavaria). The young princes spent many years of their adolescence here. The King and the Queen lived in the main building, the boys in the annex.


Hohenschwangau Village on left, Schloss Hohenschwangau on right, as seen from Neuschwanstein Castle.King Maximilian died in 1864 and his son Ludwig succeeded to the throne, moving into his father's room in the castle. As Ludwig never married, his mother Marie was able to continue living on her floor. King Ludwig enjoyed living in Hohenschwangau, especially after 1869 when the building of his own castle, Neuschwanstein, began only a stone's throw from his parental home.

Two WS.

Photo Information
Viewed: 2312
Points: 80
Discussions
Additional Photos by Charo Parras (Charo) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 5148 W: 58 N: 12127] (51210)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH