Frescoes in memory and honour of the fallen of the two world wars painted by the Bavarian artist Josef Hengge on a building in the square of the castle.
Originally the painting (realised in 1929) depicted only the fallen of the First World War. After the Second World War the Allied Temporarily Government allowed Hengge to restore them, adding new figures in honour of the Allied who fought and died.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
sucaattin (666) 2011-05-27 5:43
Very nice composition, and a good photo.
I like this photo.
Best regards from Turkey.
siudzi (33925) 2011-05-27 10:52
A nice shot of this interesting architecture. Like the way you composed it using the perspective of that place. Well done.
- Copyright: Giuseppe Maria Galasso (gmg) (4202)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-04-11
- Categories: Castles, Daily Life, Transportation
- Camera: Pentax K100D, Sigma 18-50m F/3.5-5.6 DC, Secure Digital Card, Polarizer
- Exposure: f/11, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2011-05-27 5:30