On the way back from the student protest in the centre of town, I passed across what my friends just call The Blue Bridge. This is a foot and cycle brdige across the railway tracks just south of the main train station, which it would from the picture appear to have been opened in 1886.
What is unusual about this bridge is the structure of girders along its sides. As the footpaths are outside the girders and the cycle-path on the inside, it is quite (relatively) safe to climb up them and sit on top of them on a sunny day, as this lad is doing. Dispite the walkers and cyclists constantly passing by, one can get a bit of solitude up there. Like being indoors when it's raining outside, there is extra comfort to be had from observing the passing traffic whilst being removed from it. It's lulling.
- Copyright: Robert Egginton (maderlock) (174)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-05-13
- Camera: Canon EOS350D/Digital Rebel XT, Canon EF-S 18-55mm, Hoya 58mm Skylight
- Exposure: f/13.0, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Freiburg and environs
- Theme(s): My Photos [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-05-13 12:39
- Favorites: 1 [view]