Another Parisian shot which focuses on the sunset on a famous monument : the Eiffel tower this time. I used the same technique as for the ”Institut de France”.
This shot was taken from the Tuilerie gardens between the Concorde place and the Louvres palace with a 280mm and a x1.5 conveter which left me with enough luminosity to shoot without tripod. I made several tests with Manual setting (both speed and aperture).
I let you imagine that it’s not the first time I shoot at the Eiffel tower but most of the time it’s quite disappointing but in this one, I found the presence of the typical public lights quite interesting : I felt they enhanced the parisian mood of the picture.
Technical side :
- Rotated the original one a little bit.
- Increased saturation of colors thanks to the “Layer adjustment curves” in Photoshop.
- Ran the picture which became quite noisy several times in Neatimage.
- Blured out the remaining disturbing noise.
- Resized and added a light black framing.
- Resaved with more compression to keep the picture below the 200 ko.
If you are interested, have a look at the original picture.
Critiques | Translate
Eagle78 (1933) 2004-01-04 10:12
Great colors and silhouettes! Thanks for the tips on photoshop :)
jrj (34843) 2004-01-04 10:42
Well composed wuth the tower and the lamps in a good balance. Exciting colour blending. Well done Steven.
Didi (59144) 2004-01-04 10:45
You mean "You" are playing with the sky !
Jolie composition, vous avez réussi à éliminer le bruit "bète noire" de la photo numérique.
RandomCameraGuy (3071) 2004-01-09 20:00
The colours are stunning. Original composition of an oft photographed landmark.
emax (919) 2004-01-10 5:53
I have seen many pics from Paris with incredible evening skylights. On the map I have seen that from Paris to the sea they are no hills. I suppose that all those sunsets are the result of the special effects of the Atlantic sunset.
I have to comprehend that I must observe your pics a little longer to understand all masterly strokes. I have no words for this composition. It is a masterpiece.
femkevdh (2633) 2004-01-14 15:48
That is without doubt the most beautiful photo I've ever sene of the Eiffel tower. Colors are amazing. The angle works really well. Great settings, great zoom, good steady hand!
amitai (879) 2004-04-06 5:13
The sky here are so dramatic, and colorful, it makes a rather familier picture, and standard composition, a real candy.
eleparc (24063) 2004-04-12 16:22
j'aimais deja l'original mais ton post processing a fait des merveilles...
sayzey (2358) 2004-10-08 19:39
Very nice colours, Im not 100% on how you achieved them, but a little messing about should see me understand.
I like the fact that the two lampposts are at differing heights at either side of the photo. A very nice picture!
- Copyright: Steven Le Vourc'h (Curioso) (9271)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-01-03
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon Coolpix 5700, Nikon TC-E15ED 420mm, JPEG 100 ISO
- Exposure: f/5.9, 1/60 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Theme(s): Eiffel Tower / Tour Eiffel, Burning sunsets, Sunsets~n~Sunrises [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2004-01-04 7:40
- Favorites: 1 [view]