Bourges Cathedral (Cathédrale Saint-Étienne de Bourges) is a Roman Catholic cathedral, dedicated to Saint Stephen, located in Bourges, France. It is the seat of the Archbishop of Bourges.
Tympanum of the Last Judgement - Bourges Cathedral
Constructed in about 1270 this tympanum of the Last Judgment is set above the west door at Bourges Cathedral of Saint Étienne has Christ enthroned flanked by angels above and on both sides. In the lintel below the Archangel St Michael is seen weighing the souls of the dead. Those to the right are saved and move towards the figure of Abraham who holds the souls in a napkin. Those to the left are the damned being led to hell by devils. The lower lintel shows the dead rising from their graves.
- Copyright: Csaba Witz (csabagaba) (6628)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-09-30
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Sony DSC R1, ZeissVario-SonnarT*14,3-71,5 f/ 2,8-4,8, Soligor Blueline UV 67mm
- Exposure: f/4.8, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-16 9:33