Near the harbour in Bénodet, Brittany, France.
This picture was taken near the harbour in Bénodet where these old ship wreck are seeking for water.
Bénodet is already discribed in another picture.
Canon EOS 300D, EF-S 18-55/3.5-5.6, 55mm, 1/200s, f/10, ISO 400.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
jalab_temen (2193) 2009-09-28 4:11
Amazing image of boat-ruins emphasized with greens of natural healing. Thank you for sharing this astonishing composition. BR, Jalab
graffer (1800) 2009-09-28 7:41
This is a fine picture of Brittany showing one of my favourite subjects.
The bright green seaweed, which is very prevalent this year, has helped to produce a colourful photograph, and a satisfying composition.
I have done a diagrammatic WS for you showing why I think this is an excellent picture.
The main elements of interest are the wrecks of the two old fishing boats [GREEN circle].
The way they lie parallel to each other, on and around an intersection of thirds [BLUE grid], makes for a very strong composition.
The far bank of the estuary follows the upper horizontal line of thirds.
The line across the bows of the boats, and along the shoreline towards the estuary, makes a strong lead in [YELLOW arrow].
- Copyright: Christian Manz (HarryPipco) (94)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-08-29
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature, Transportation, Ruins
- Camera: Canon EOS300D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/200 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Theme(s): Composition Analysis Workshops [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2009-09-28 0:09