At the tpo of the mountain up the lift from Megeve and in sight of Mont Blanc was l'Igloo where we had lunch every day.
Everyone left their skis here and I thought they'd not look out of place as an installation in a modern art museum.
What's strange in this picture is that there's almost nobody in sight, and yet there were crowds of people around.
I was inspired to post this shot as contrast to one by 'elena' of a skiing break in Argentina.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
mulder (232) 2005-03-11 16:21
Awesome shot! Is snowboarding not that popular in France, because all I see is skis? It's getting to be huge in the US, and I don't think I'd be wrong in saying there's just as many snowboarders as skiers on the slopes these days.
kri54 (1515) 2007-02-14 11:19
très bonne ambiance de ski, on a envie de prendre une paire et de dévaller les pentes, les couleurs sur la neige et sous le soleil sont toujours parfaites
- Copyright: Steve Egginton (steveegg) (418)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-02-26
- Categories: Decisive Moment
- Camera: Fuji Finepix 602Z
- Exposure: f/9.0, 1/1000 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): ...there's something there... [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-03-11 16:12