Place Saint-Andre is part of the historical center of Grenoble. It is dominated by two major historical buildings the college Saint-Andre and the old courthouse (pictured here). Clearly this is from an era when buildings were more than just functional.
The statue in the center is Pierre Terrail, better known as Lord Bayard, a famous horseman born in 1476 famous as a noble knight in the 15th and 16th Century wars with Italy.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Mike Basil (mbasil) (2119)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-02-03
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 G ED AF-S VR, Tiffen Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/11, 1/180 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-02-19 2:15