The shades of mid November sun are growing on the slopes southeast of Chamonix-Mont Blanc.
In the Mont Blanc massif, the granite layers stand vertically, forming sharp needles (french: aiguilles).
From left to right: Aiguille des Grands Charmoz 3445 m, Aiguille du Grépon 3482 m, Aiguille de Blaitière 3552 m and Aiguille du Plan 3672 m.
Mont Blanc 4810 m itself is southwest from Chamonix. Best view is guaranteed by cable car to Aiguille du Midi 3842m, highest point accessible by cable car in all Europe. From there: still 1000 ms upwards to the summit - and 2800 ms down into the valley, where you could completely stuff in Germany's highest mountain, the Zugspitze...
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Sven Erich Czernik (Energysavingelk) (1339)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-11-12
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon 5 D Mark II, 24-105mm F/4L IS USM
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-01-24 10:06