Memorial of Jacques Balmat and Horace-Bénédict de Saussure.
Balmat and Michel Gabriel Paccard were the first men to reach Europe's highest summit, Mont Blanc (4810 m), on August 7th, 1786. They did so on the suggestion of de Saussure, a Geneva scientist and probable financial supporter.
Chamonix revisited, this time earlier in the year with decent weather conditions. Please compare with my other photo of the same memorial!
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Sven Erich Czernik (Energysavingelk) (440)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-10-20
- Categories: Decisive Moment
- Camera: Canon 5 D Mark II, Canon EF 70-200 mm f/2.8L II USM
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/320 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-10-30 12:57