Photos

Photographer's Note

July 5, 2009
Saint-Jean-de-Buèges 340264 34380
Hérault Languedoc-Roussillon
43.829 3.618 160 m

Wine.

One sight.
Other sight.

4th Festival of the Gastronomy of July 5th, 2009, Saint-Jean-de-Buèges.

"Jamais homme noble ne hait le bon vin.",“Never noble man does not hate the good wine.” Rabelais.

"Bon vin et femme jolie sont deux agréables poisons.",“Good wine and pretty woman are two pleasant poisons.”

Le vin. Georges Brassens (1921-1981). Song of film of Rene Clair “Porte des Lilas” 1956.

France is the first wine producer, whose quality depends initially on type of vines, the soils and the climates. The wine is generally drunk in glass of 12.5 Cl called balloon.
The vineyard of Languedoc-Roussillon recovers most of the departments of the Aude, Gard and Hérault, on a surface of 300,000 hectares, which makes the vastest viticultural area of it, of the World.
The vineyards of Saint-Jean-de-Buèges form part of the protected designation of origin, Terrasses-du-larzac or coteaux-du-languedoc Terrasses-du-larzac, which are a local name of the AOC coteaux-du-languedoc.

The culture of the vine in France existed well before our era and the very first colony created by the Romans on the territory of current France, as of 118 before J.C.
The wine making would exist since millenia, discoveries made in Iran made it possible to speak of 7000 years.
(Wikipedia).

SAINT-JEAN-DE-BUÈGES is a french commune, located in the department of the Herault of the Languedoc-Roussillon area, populated of 184 Saint-Jeannais in 1999, distributed on 17 km², that is to say 11 hab./km².

Saint-Jean-de-Buèges, overlooked by Séranne mountain, 940 m with highest, and causse of the Selle, is an authentic medieval village, nested in the valley of the buèges which crosses also the villages of Pégairolles-de-Buèges, Saint-Jean-de-Buèges and Saint-Andre-de-Buèges.
It is a place splendid and quiet, no surge of mass, it is the field of the amateurs of nature, uneven and beautiful images. One takes there also time to live on the terrace of single and small tavern of the valley.

Vassal of the baronnie of Pégairolles, the seigniory of "Saint-Jean-de-Buèges" appears in the texts into 990.

The Buèges river takes its source in the commune of Pégairolles-de-Buèges, near the hamlet of Méjanel, by a karstic resurgence, draining part of water of the solid mass of Séranne and is Causse of Larzac. This 12 km length river is thrown in Herault, after having disappeared in the rocks limestones on a few kilometers from course, reappearing on the surface only by abundant rain.

My images of Saint-Jean-de-Buèges.

Clementi, Charo, pierrefonds has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 2147
Points: 26
Discussions
Additional Photos by joel berthonneau (jlbrthnn) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 7303 W: 0 N: 22961] (76039)
  • Languedoc-Roussillon photo
    #
  • Languedoc-Roussillon photo
    #
  • Languedoc-Roussillon photo
    #
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH