The royal chapel of the Château de Versailles is a masterpiece of Jules Hardouin-Mansart, finished after his death by his brother-in-law, Robert de Cotte in 1710. It is dedicated to Saint Louis, patron saint of the Bourbons. The organ case was made by Philippe Bertrand (1708). The instrument itself was built originally by Robert Clicquot in 1711. A major transformation was carried out by Cavaillé-Coll in 1873. In 1936, this organ was sold to the Séminaire de Châteaugiron (and later to the Saint Martin church in Rennes) and Victor Gonzalez made a recontruction of the Clicquot-instrument. In 1995, a completely new instrument was made by Jean-Loup Boisseau et Bertrand Cattiaux, aiming to recontruct (again) the creation of Robert Clicquot and the additions of Louis-Alexander and Francois-Henri Clicquot.
Nobody has marked this note useful