this isn't a fabulous photograph, but it's one of the few photos i have of my trip to france. my backup cd failed and i lost almost everything.
i wanted to post a picture from paris and this will be it.
i visited paris in 2003 while i lived in london. a three day visit which included notre dame and jim morrison's grave.
i remember waiting in line for an hour and a half to get into the eiffel tower. it was peak tourist season and the lines were massive!
rather than dazzle you with photographic brilliance, i'll astound you with facts:
1. the eiffel tower was built for the 1889 international expo
2. the total height is 324 metres
3. the base is 125 x 125 metres
4. in 2005, the tower received over 6 million visitors
5. in total, the tower has received 222 million visitors
6. photographing the eiffel tower during the day is permissible, however publishing photographs of tower at night (when the tower is lit) are subject to copyright.
info courtesy of the official eiffel tower website @ http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/uk/
note: this photograph was shot in sepia using the internal camera function. frame and contrast added post processing.
Critiques | Translate
larevedere (1259) 2006-04-01 1:52
Sorry to hear about your troubles with cd. :(
This is the standard view of Eiffel Tour, but the colours make it very pleasant for my eye...
Norok (200) 2006-04-01 1:59
bravo pour ta carte postale
Luan (12971) 2006-04-01 3:51
Hello David, a very nice old style picture of the tower. I like your PP on the colors, it looks very good.
triptych2003 (1534) 2006-06-29 21:28
quite a nice nostalic feel about this shot.. sepia was a good, different choice for you, as you don't use it very often.. well done