View of the "Passerelle de Crimée" from the bicycle path of the rue de Crimée.
This is situated above the "Bassin de la Villette" in the 19th district and allows car to pass over the pool.
What is strange with this bridge is that it "elevates" horizontally using hydraulic actuators at both sides of the bridge when a boat pass. The wheels are used as sustainment device, coupled with cables, when the bridge is up. This is quite spectacular and always gather people when activated. A "sight of choice"is from the footbridge (the bow beside the first mast and wheel)
This photo is an assembly of 3 ones
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
bren_ryan92 (42) 2005-03-28 15:10
I love the busyness of this photo, everywhere you look there is something going on. Cars drive by, people meet and people walk, favourite!
P-S-I-G (25532) 2005-04-02 4:01
Belle photo de rue. La lumière est agréable, avec beaucoup d'éléments à regarder, le tout avec une harmonie plaisante à l'oeil.
Bien vu, j'aime beaucoup.
- Copyright: Alexei Seventeen (alexei17) (26)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-03-19
- Categories: Transportation, Architecture
- Camera: EOS 10 D, Tamron 28-75 f2.8 DI, B+W 67mm UV_Haze MRC
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Bridges II, Panoramas 3, Drawbridges, Paris - Bassin de la Villette [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-03-28 14:51
- Favorites: 1 [view]