Wall of peace, near the Eiffel tower.
"Le Mur pour la Paix" is freely inspired by the Wailing Wall of Jerusalem.
Visitors can put their messages of peace in the chinks of the Wall that are planned for this purpose.
Is a work conceived by the artist Clara Halter
and spatially installed by the architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte and is erected in Paris, on the Champs de Mars, at the foot of the Eiffel Tower. It was inaugurated on March 30, 2000 by the President of the French Republic.
Details at www.wallforpeace.com
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
greg64g (11193) 2005-01-20 9:45
Good picture, good eyes and good theme
clodreno (0) 2005-01-20 9:48
Nice image of thiqs wall.
I like it.
Tue (39526) 2005-01-20 10:28
Interesting picture. Nice framing around the Eiffel Tower! Colours are very nice too. Very well done!
- Copyright: Ioan CHIFAN (nchifan) (910)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-09-10
- Categories: Architecture, Artwork
- Camera: Sony Cybershot DSC-P52
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Paris travel
- Theme(s): Twins? [Part IV], Le Mur pour la Paix [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-01-20 9:33