Yliopistokatu, Linnanmaa, Oulu, Finland
Here you can see another picture of this phenomenon. It occurs, when light emmited from different sources on ground is being reflected or scattered by tiny particles of ice or snow.
That night a very tiny snow was falling and temperature was around -16 deg. centigrade.
Picture was taken from Yliopistokatu street (main street of the campus of University of Oulu).
It was difficult to make it right because all around there are parking lots illuminated by a large number of lights (you can see that one of them was on the left of this tree). Fortunately I managed to make it without any flares or overburn :-)
I hope you like it!
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Jakub Czajkowski (mskuba) (204)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-03-06
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Pentax K100D, Pentax 18-55mm/3.5-5.6, HOYA 52mm UV(0)
- Exposure: f/8, 30 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Aurora Borealis, Aurora Borealis, Oulu,Finland [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2008-03-08 6:15