Though located by the seaside Merihaka in Helsinki is still considered by many the ugliest district of city proper. Too many tall grey buildings close to each other. My daily 15km bicycle route from home to office and back goes through Merihaka so I have a chance to see it from various locations twice a day during three seasons (in winter I use metro instead of bike. I carry my small camera every day in backbag and the photo shown here was taken on typical chilly and windy spring morning. It was refreshing to see some clouds at last after weeks of monotonous dead blue sky.
The black pipe signed by Eveliina on the foreground is not for waste but for rainwater in case the large road area on the right side from the photo gets flooded due to heave rainfall.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Pekka Nihtinen (DrWu) (1562)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-04-19
- Camera: Olympus OMD EM5, Zuiko 12-60mm ED SWD F2.8, B+W C-Pol Käsemann Slim 72mm
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/60 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-05-05 5:03