Helsinki railway station is a masterpiece of Art Nouveau.
Though not really huge, the perfect balance of the building and the shape make it look imposing. The red bricks add more drama.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
KLB (23723) 2009-01-30 15:18
I really like your idea.
The way you've framed is excellent to bring the two impressive statues out. Stunning facade.
The green bronze (I guess) against the red bricks is very eyecatching, and the deep blue sky gives a stong contrast.
Very well done. It's a fine composition with an effective sharpness and strong colors.
pauloog (11751) 2009-01-31 0:31
A good point of view for this capture of Helsinki station. The statues are indeed impressive and you presented them well together with the identity of the buidling.
- Copyright: Giuseppe Maria Galasso (gmg) (4202)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-07-26
- Categories: Daily Life, Transportation, Architecture
- Camera: Pentax K100D, Sigma 18-50m F/3.5-5.6 DC, Secure Digital Card, Polarizer
- Exposure: f/8, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Honeymoon
- Date Submitted: 2009-01-30 14:22