Sõrve lighthouse - The lighthouse is at the very tip of the peninsula. The present lighthouse is 52 meters high, conical in shape, and white, with a black top. (Its geographical coordinates are 57 deg. 54 min. north by 22 deg. 3 min. east.) The history of the lighthouse begins in the year 1646, when the governor of Livonia, Gabriel Oxenstierna, ordered a wooden lighthouse to be constructed.