Kirkjub°ur is one of the oldest villages in the Faroes. A legend says that it was the place where the first settlers - irish monks - arrived in Faroe Islands in 6th century.
The house is a typical Faroese hut with the grass growing on the roof surface.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
sekay (87) 2005-04-24 7:32
very nice and live colors..red and black always goes well. very good shot...
apache (1426) 2005-04-24 8:05
Nice colourful shot. A bit out of ordinary colours for a house, i should say. But a nice looking one at that...! You have given some ideas for my house...:) Thanks for that.
ccooper (840) 2005-05-08 23:13
I quite like the colors here. These are not typical house colors we see here in the United States, so that makes it very appealing to me. Well done.
ow808wo (0) 2005-07-11 11:14
Very intesting topic. quite unusual.
The quality of the image is ok, without being amazing
- Copyright: Sylwester Arabas (slayoo) (644)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-08-00
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon F65, Nikkor 28-100 G
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Islands of The North
- Theme(s): Maisons typiques / Typical houses, Domki, domeczki [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-04-24 7:18