A 1.5km ride from the sorting office to the Town, then the Post Lady can start her route, now days with Digital Post, its mainly Newspapers and Adverts she has to deliver, a load of about 100kg.
Conditions are appalling, very fine snow, wind and minus 15oC.
Take my hat off to her.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
snunney (96721) 2014-01-29 8:32
It is surprising how many posties round here are ladies. Mind you, we don't get such extreme weather as you and most of them drive vans or have electric bikes if they work in town. All the publicity delivered by La Poste and there is lot seems to come by van. This lady seems to have drawn the short end of the straw.
- Copyright: Michael Dolby (mrmike1935) (3475)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-01-29
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: LEICA V Lux 2, DC Vario 1:2.8 - 5.2/4.5 - 108 ASPH., Digital
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/2000 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-01-29 8:11