This is the Tower of the former St Laureti (St Laurence) Church destroyed after the reformation, for some reason it was left standing, and through the years, has had many uses.
It was incorporated in to the New Town Hall in 1910 as a Clock Tower.
The remains of the old Church can be viewed underground, via a tunnel from the Tower, the old tiled floor of the crypt is well preserved.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Michael Dolby (mrmike1935) (3344)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-01-24
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: LEICA V Lux 2, DC Vario 1:2.8 - 5.2/4.5 - 108 ASPH., Digital
- Exposure: f/4, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-01-24 7:27