St. Nicholas church at Old Town Prague. The marvelous interior of the church is inspired by the chapel of St. Louis-des-invalides in Paris. The delicate stucco decoration was executed by Bernardo Spinetti.
During the second World War, Czech army units were stationed in the church. During that period, artists, who otherwise would have had to go to the front, were set to work by a colonel to restore the church. After the war, the church was handed over to the Czech Hussite movement.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Nicolae Radu (nicu) (85)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-09-05
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Sony Cybershot DSC-P52
- Exposure: f/3.8, 1/30 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Świątynie [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-11-26 16:21