Another photo from my favorite city, Prague.
A normal daily life and street scene at the day of Christmas.
An exprerimental photo using B&W tones for the all scene except the tram at the foreground who I leave it color. The tram was in motion, that's why is somewhat blurred.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Elliott (109) 2005-05-14 8:08
I think that having only part of an image in colour while the rest is B&W only seems to work in a limited number of cases.
Fortunately this shot is one such case where it does work to good effect.
The slight blur of the tram doesn't really detract from the image.
It may just be me, but the one thing I find to be a bit of a distraction is the bus (or is it another older type tram?!) just behind the main subject. Not really sure why. Maybe I'm just being picky!
avigur_11 (22031) 2005-05-14 15:11
I like the partial desaturation here, Mpampis. The quality in this picture is very high, and the b/w parts are beautiful. The colors of the tram are very well emphasized. I like it.
cmarino (2480) 2005-05-14 20:41
Beautiful. I love old cities in Europe, but unfortunately I havent been to Prague yet.
The effect of the train in color was very good... good option.
nbournas (3229) 2005-05-30 9:53
Ωραια απεικονιση καθημερινοτητας. Πιστευω οτι αν το τραμ ηταν πιο παλιο θα ειχες πιο καλο αποτελεσμα.
- Copyright: Mpampis Mantoukas (Xalkida) (11742)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2004-12-25
- Categories: Daily Life, Transportation
- Camera: SONY DSC-P10, Sony 2.8/8-24mm, Memory Stick 256mb
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/80 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: My Christmas trip to Prague
- Theme(s): !Xalkida's Cityscapes Portofolio, !My Christmas 2004 Trip to Prague, !My B&W World [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-05-14 7:55