Chateau was originally a small fortress founded by the Lords of Nebílovy first record dates back to 1673. In 1706 it was rebuilt into a baroque style chateau by builder James Auguston according to the proposal architect J.L. Hildebrandt. In the years 1785-1789 the castle was reconstructed and repaired. During communist era very badly damaged, served as a parking lot for tractor and manure storage. Interconnecting palace arkades was completely destroyed, now is fixed and accesible front part of the chateau.