The church is dedicated to St John the Baptist, and is reportedly the oldest pilgrimage site of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in the Czech Republic. The first historical mention of the church is from 1350. Eighth of June 1722, the foundation stone of the present church. In 1724 the old church was torn down and a new church was consecrated on 27 October 1726. The temple is a majestic landmark of the city.