Village Pohoří na Šumavě was founded 1790. In 1779 there was built in the late Baroque style, built the Church of Our Lady of Good Council. The village was in 1790 promoted to the city and the end of the 19th century there were more than 1,300 people. The end of the village brought the expulsion of Germans after the second World War and the emergence of highly guarded border zone. In 1978 the village was completely without population. Church of the 30th May 1999 fell - the nave, the tower collapsed.
Nobody has marked this note useful