Shipka Pass is a scenic mountain pass through the Balkan Mountains in Bulgaria. It marks the border between Stara Zagora province and Gabrovo province. The pass connects Gabrovo and Kazanlak. The pass is part of the Bulgarka Nature Park.
On the left is the Shipka Memorial to those who died for the Liberation of Bulgaria during the Battles of Shipka Pass in the Russo-Turkish War of 1877-78.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Marton Ocskay (ocskaymarci) (2646)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-07-29
- Categories: Nature, Architecture
- Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ3
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Istanbul by bike 2008
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-04 7:04