For the entrance in the inner harbor of Zeebrugge, the cadets of the Sedov have taken position on the yards, not for working on the sails, just for a parade. But there were not many people on the shore that day, the official opening of the gathering being only the next day. But it was also a way for them to show their proudness of being on board and having done the trip,a tour of Western Europe all the way from Mourmansk which was the new home port of the ship, previously based in Tallin (Estonia). This view is taken from behind the mast, to get full view of the people standing on the footropes. The Belgian courtesy flag is on top of the mast.
Two other views in workshop :
- a close one,
- one taken from the front of the masts.
PS Elements 5.0 + Neatimage
Critiques | Translate
Budapestman (82620) 2007-02-08 8:47
This is a very impressive and spectacular image. I like the effective and "ramose" spectacle. Very good POV and superb cut. Details are stunning and exciting..the mans on the masts...wow! Great shot! Thank you, nice days
GilbertB (12246) 2007-02-08 10:34
Salut Emmanuel, belle vue des gabiers occupés à ferler les voiles sur les vergues. Amitiés.
zeca (19762) 2007-02-08 22:03
Another nice capture from your ships! Nice POV of this amazing structures. Interesting and important to see that guys on the masts, giving the exact proportion to it size. Wow. Wonderful! Great masts!
- Copyright: Emmanuel LE CLERCQ (emjleclercq) (15778)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 1990-07-29
- Categories: Transportation
- Camera: Olympus OM 101, 28-85mm, Hama UV
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Travelogue: A cruise under the Red flag in 1990
- Theme(s): Tall ships from the past and present (II) [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2007-02-07 17:27
- Favorites: 1 [view]