The Hesbaye is a rich agricultural region. Cereals, potatoes, sugar beets, and fruits are grown.
It's now the season of harvest of potatoes, beets and fruits.
If the field crops are highly mechanized, fruits are harvested by hand and many workers come from Lithuania and Poland to make this work.
There are two methods, picking out the basket as shown in the picture and picking out the train (see WS).
I've been well welcomed by those who spoke excellent English. These people come from far away, with their own vehicles, and work hard, in all climatic conditions. Congratulations!
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Patrick Pyfferoen (pyffepa) (623)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-09-19
- Categories: Daily Life, Food, Nature
- Camera: Nikon D600, Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-01 9:23