In lot of cities and villages a statue or monument evokes men who died for their homeland.
These monuments were built after the first world war, they were sometimes altered after the second in order to add names.
Annual ceremonies make tributes to those missing people but for how long? Veterans are rare and for young people, these monuments don't evoke anything anymore.
- Copyright: Patrick Pyfferoen (pyffepa) (623)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-10-11
- Categories: Daily Life, Ceremony, Artwork
- Camera: Nikon D600, Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED
- Exposure: f/4.8
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-13 2:35