For information, the channel Charleroi-Brussels makes it possible barges of 1 250 T to sail between Brussels, Charleroi, Dunkirk, Liege and Lille thanks to impressive hydraulic constructions compensating
for the unevenness between Brussels (+ 13,5 m compared to the sea) and the plates of Hainaut (+ 120,5 m). The new tilted Plan of Ronquières now replaces all the locks which reduced to assemble or the boats up to 67 meters!
This photo barrel taken along the channel Charleroi Brussels, to note that I carried out some final improvements, in particular a cutting allowing another catch of sight and a cloning bus of long awkward grasses were in foreground, as you will be able to note it on the original one on my account.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Pierre et Laeti Marki (Verypete) (22)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-01-14
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature, Transportation
- Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/400 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2006-01-16 15:49