Salzburg is a remarkably scenic city I was fortunate enough to see a glimpse of during a very quick stop on the way to Munich. This is a view of the well-known Hohensalzburg Castle above the Kapitelplatz (Kapitel Square). On the very left one can see a small part of the Erzbischöfliches Palais (Archbishop's Palace) and to the right of it is the bright Kapitelschwemme or Pferdeschwemme, which is a glamorous horse bathing basin built in 1732. Stephan Balkenhol's gold-coated artwork "Sphaera" is rather obvious on the right. Salzburg is a lovely place to visit, highly recommended.
I was traveling without my tripod and arrived in the city after nightfall, so my photographic opportunities were rather limited. Here I supported the camera on a solid object and obtained a satisfactory result.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Roland Roesler (Roly) (2024)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-10-08
- Categories: Castles, Architecture, Artwork
- Camera: Canon EOS 20D, Canon 17-40/4L USM, Rodenstock UV E 77mm
- Exposure: f/4, 1/2 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-10-17 18:20