History of the building
The Carinthian Museum of Modern Art is housed in the "castle" in the centre of Klagenfurt. It was built in 1586 as a "Collegium sapientiae et pietatis", a school for the Protestant aristocracy. From 1601, it was used as the official residence of the Carinthian Estates.
After damage by fire in 1636 and 1723, the castle was rebuilt. The chapel was added in 1733/34, with baroque decoration by Josef Ferdinand Fromiller (1693-1760), and in 1773 a second storey was added. From 1771, the castle was the seat of the Provincial Governor, and provided accommodation for the sovereign (or emperor). Between 1872 and 1928, the south wing once again housed schools. (mmkk.at)
Escalier d'accès: élément contemporain dans une architecture du 16è s.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
mauro61 (52855) 2012-11-13 11:53
sempre difficie la reaizzazione di immagini del genere.
Un buon taglio mix di architetture con l'ingresso della coppia nell'inquadratura,
mesutilgim (90734) 2012-11-16 8:38
Very nice capture with the taste of a b&w work.
Good pov and good graphical effect.
Nice framing and interesting notes.
TFS and best regards
TopGeo (38216) 2012-11-17 8:52
a slightly different take this time,
last image with very different lighting conditions.
Again a longer exposure to allow the different lights and shadows, and levels gave dynamic and power
Great Job! Well captured!
ruisc_pt (10892) 2012-11-17 12:34
Fantastic pov and great light management.