An old man praying in the beautifully carved back seat of the Church of Saints Michael and Ursula in Linz.
The Ursulinenkirche, dedicated to St. Michael, was the church of a former nunnery. It was built between 1736 and 1772 by the Linz architects Johann Haslinger and Johann Matthias Krinner. The nunnery was abandoned by the ursuline sisters in 1968 and purchased by the Upper Austrian State in 1973 and converted into a cultural centre. The altarpiece of the Archangel Michael and that of St. Ursula with St. Leopold are the work of Bartolomeo Altomonte and the sculpture is by F. J. Mahl.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Marton Ocskay (ocskaymarci) (2646)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2009-07-23
- Categories: Daily Life, Ceremony
- Camera: Pentax K200D, Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL II
- Exposure: f/4, 1/6 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Paris by bike 2009
- Date Submitted: 2013-09-28 2:34