Travels on the Silk Road: Riverboat
A highlight of travelling in Albania is the Tragetit Koman-Fierzë, the ferry on the dammed- up Drini i Zin river. The shortest way from Shkodra to Kosovo is via this ferry. The two hours drive through the uninhabited canyon in the mountains of Northern Albania is one of the world's unforgettable boat trips.
Our TE friend Ilir (TROPOJANI) has a bird's eye view of the lake!
I put the map indicator at the starting point of the ferry in Komani; when you zoom out you will discover the 130 km long canyon.
- Copyright: Dietrich Meyer (meyerd) (1626)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-07-28
- Categories: Transportation
- Camera: Olympus SP500UZ
- Exposure: 1/100 seconds
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): The Silkroad on Bicycle [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2007-03-07 9:06