This young girl is also a fixture on the walk up the hill in Santiago Atitlan. I have taken her portrait for three years and each year I return with an 8x10 for her and I'm given the opportunity to take another.
Building trust and confidence in subjects as a tourist taking pictures is important and nothing works like coming back after a year with the best gift of all - a large photo of themselves! The first time it happens, they never expected it. When you come 2-3-4-5 times you become part of their family.
I hope to document several subjects over many years and through a series of photos of them create a historical record of their life in Guatemala. This little girl is sporting a traditional head dress. It is surprisingly heavy!
- Copyright: chris goodfellow (goodfellow) (195)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-03-23
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon 20D, Canon 17-85 mm Ultrasonic IS EF
- Exposure: f/13.0, 1/250 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): faces - twarze [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-06-01 7:22