Many coral reef's in the world are being damaged, by anchors from boats.
Anchoring a boat in a coral reef can damage hundreds of years of coral growing.
Happily many countries are using this "diving balls" (bouies) to protect there coral reefs.
In Belize every dive site has a "bouie" where dive boats hang.
The coral reefs in Belize are one of the major turist atractions, and some dive sites like this one, near long caye in lighthouse reef, are visited many times in a day, by dive boats.
When you are in a dive boat with a digital camera and a blue sea like this, everything is a topic for photos.
I hope you like this photo.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: pedro carmo (pedrocarmo) (1289)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-06-06
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS350D/Digital Rebel XT, Canon 18-55 mm EF-S
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/125 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Belize, Riviera maya and Maimi
- Date Submitted: 2005-06-25 12:29