I love this image, it from Hoi An, Vietnam in the middle of the country. I love the colours and softness of the secondary lantern in the background.
Hoi An is a wonderful village in Vietnam, small and wonderful people. The food is wonderful. A great place to visit for a couple days..
Critiques | Translate
rigoletto (34109) 2008-10-29 4:46
The real beauty of this image is seen when you open it. Very soft and soothing colors and a superb DOF to give that 3D feeling. A lantern photo may not be the most interesting photo to share, but you did it.
orion912 (178) 2008-10-29 5:51
I like the focus on the lamp and the background, but isn't it a bit dark?
tomescuc (3291) 2008-10-29 11:40
The combination of compositional details with the soothing dark tones make this image a memorable one. I would do away with the gray frame, but it's a question of taste. Nice work.
- Copyright: James Peever (Greenthumb) (101)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-10-24
- Categories: Artwork
- Camera: Cannon EOS 400D Rebel XTi, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM
- Exposure: f/4, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: My Top to Bottom World Wide trip
- Date Submitted: 2008-10-29 3:59